Empowering knowledge, research and service
Our engineering and science professors are world-class mentors, eager to share their industry insight and help students excel. Throughout each semester, students are encouraged to join their advisers and peers in groundbreaking research, serve the off-campus community and become well-rounded, sought-after employees.
From the classroom to a career
I've tried to get involved in a lot of areas, realizing that school is extremely important but I can also learn and gain so many other tools from different organizations. Emma Hug, Mechanical Engineering
Student-led team publishes national paper on inquiry-based learning in chemistry
“Using a Guided-Inquiry Approach to Teach Michaelis–Menten Kinetics” was published in the American Chemical Society’s Journal of Chemical Education, explaining how Iski, Jones and Phillips applied a guided inquiry-based system of lab instruction.
Gaming students take interdisciplinary approach to summer TURC projects
Courtney Spivey and Cheyanne Wheat are implementing art and museum culture into their computer simulation and gaming degrees.
- Geologist Janet Haggerty completes service as vice provost for research and dean of TU’s Graduate School
- Hurricane Mathfest builds confidence for girls in STEM fields
- High school senior offered $2.5M in scholarships at 35 universities, chooses TU
- Three faculty named TU Outstanding Researchers
- MADE at TU builds device for special needs children at Kendall-Whittier Elementary