Bachelor of Science
Students who complete the undergraduate program will:
- Be equipped to enter and complete graduate training in the geosciences.
- Be prepared to enter the geosciences profession.
- Apply knowledge in the geosciences, support sciences, and mathematics to solve complex geosciences problems.
- Communicate effectively with peers and professionals both orally and in written form.
- Adhere to accepted ethical and professional practice standards in the geosciences community.
- Recognize the need to engage in life-long learning.
- Understand contemporary issues in the geosciences.
Master of Science in Geosciences
- Develop advanced content knowledge and technical skills in geosciences.
- Ability to develop, recognize and test hypothesis in specific areas of Earth Sciences.
- Effective communication of research.
- Develop testable research goals and implement experimental tests.
Master of Science in Geophysics
- Develop advanced knowledge in geophysical techniques.
- Develop advanced problem solving skills in geophysics.
- Professional Achievement.
Doctor of Philosophy in Geosciences
- Ability to develop proposal for unique and original research in geosciences based on critical evaluation and command of scientific literature.
- Ability to communicate complex scientific information to a technical audience, as well as to a general audience.
- Ability to conduct meaningful original research and solve complex problems.