- To design, model and fabricate new generation of cost-effective photovoltaic (PV) cells
- To foster interdisciplinary research between faculty and students in Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering disciplines at TU, OU and OSU.
- To share resources between three major research universities on PV research
- To collaborate on PV research for attracting funding from private, state and federal agencies
- To promote PV technology in Oklahoma
- To pool resources and to develop joint projects between the three major research universities in Oklahoma