An initiative that unites the world’s leading cyber forces in education and innovation
The TU-Team8 Cyber Fellows Initiative is a competitive assistantship reserved for up to 10 PhD students (per year) in the College of Engineering and Natural Sciences at The University of Tulsa who will develop research projects that have the potential to fundamentally impact the world.
Cyber Fellows will receive:
- Full tuition each semester
- A competitive annual $30,000 living stipend/salary, plus health insurance
- Special status within Tulsa Innovation Labs platform with access to thought leaders in cyber, top internships and business opportunities, and experiential learning
- $20,000 stipend following graduation, conditional on living at least two years in Tulsa
Sponsored by George Kaiser Family Foundation and its economic development venture, Tulsa Innovation Labs, TU has partnered with Team8, a global venture capital group and company creation platform, to develop and assess the fellows’ research for commercialization opportunities.
Computer Engineering, Ph.D.
Students can pursue research and course work that emphasizes either the computer science or electrical engineering aspect of this joint degree.
Computer Science, Ph.D.
Obtain a depth of knowledge in an area of interest by focusing on courses in that area, conducting independent research and producing scholarly work.
Chemical Engineering, Ph.D.
The Ph.D. degree in chemical engineering aims to provide students with a critical understanding of scientific and engineering principles underlying their fields of interest and to cultivate their ability to apply these principles creatively through advanced methods of analysis, research and synthesis. Alumni work in academia and hold leadership roles in the industry.
Mechanical Engineering, Ph.D.
TU’s doctoral degree in mechanical engineering provides students with a thorough understanding of the scientific and engineering principles underlying their specific fields of interest. Students develop the ability to creatively apply these fundamentals to engineering problems while sharpening their research skills.
Biological Science, Ph.D.
Specialized training in select areas of biological science relevant to the research interests of individual faculty members.
Learn more about TU’s College of Engineering & Natural Sciences.
Tulsa: The new tech hub industry insiders are watching
TU-Team8 Cyber Fellow Initiative becomes a strategic part of Tulsa’s future
Cyber Fellows are part of a wider effort supported by Tulsa Innovation Labs, a new economic development venture pioneered by GKFF. Tulsa Innovation Labs is developing a city-wide strategy for growing Tulsa’s innovation economy and is working with a diverse coalition of partners to position Tulsa as a tech hub and a leader in the future of work.
- Urban Density: MSA population of nearly 1 million, making Tulsa one of the 50 largest U.S. cities
- Low Cost of Living: Housing is 40% below national average (Source: C2ER Cost of Living Index)
- Large Student Presence: Nearly 100,000 university, community, or technical college students in metro area (Source: Tulsa Chamber of Commerce)
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Startup enterprises in the energy, financial, retail, manufacturing, aerospace, and cyber sectors